There are so many people out there that claim to know it all. I am not one of them. However, I do know that basics work. Many people seem to forget that they have the unique ability to create their future ONLY by taking action. This short post is about taking action towards your better future. It is not about education as some education is needed, but the majority of results is based on applying what we learn.
There are 5 simple things we can do to maximize our IMPACT in life regardless of our businesses.
1. Master your story and use it to inspire others.
2. Create hope through following a system that is proven to work. That system could be anything that was already created by someone who knew what they were doing.
3. Do not waste time dealing with people, products, or environments that are counterproductive for your future.
4. Write all goals down that you will acheive.
5. Begin with the end in mind.
1-The following is a quick and dirty explanation of each point. Mastering your story is VITAL to YOUR successes in life. For nearly 30 years I had a hidden past that I was relucant to even think about much less share with others. However, through life and being challenged by my mentors, I broke down and shared that past. Since then many people have asked to hear it. The point of this is not for me to share my story, but your story, We each have a unique story that has the ability to change lives by the millions if we choose to understand its true potential. Our message is stronger than we could ever know. Master it and never look back. There are 4 parts to our story.
1. Whats my background? (Physically, financially, emotionally, spiritually, etc)
2. What happened? (Why the change)
3. What did you do to make your future better? (What specific action steps did you take to make things better?
4. Where you are going? (What do you see as your preferred future? Be as descriptive as possible)
2-Following the system that was already set in place allows your to maximize your time. There is no point in wasting your time when the wheel has already been perfected. I did that for nearly 3 years in my current business and profited but not nearly what I could have, had I been teachable. DON’T waste your time thinking you are a know it all.
3- Really all comes down to environments. If we surround ourselves with negative environments we become negative. If we surround ourselves with positive environments we become positive. We must practice associating ourselves with the right people, products, and services otherwise we may detract from our end goal. This is simple for me. I grew up hanging out with drug dealers in high school and college. My wake up call was one of my friends taking me to a BAD area of Roanoke, VA for a deal that could have ended in the wrong way. Based on that experience I made an active intentional decision to STOP DOING STUPID THINGS. We must limit our exposure to those things in life that do nothing for us but pull us down. Other examples are all quick fix programs that offer a lot with little effort. Those leave us broke physcially and financially.
4. Writing down your goals will push you to get uncomfortable to attain them. By doing this you may become pulled to what you want in the end. In the past I have written down goals. They never worked for me. That is because I never truly committed myself to the goal writing process. YOU MUST LOOK AT THEM DAILY in order for them to have lasting value in your life. If you do not they will not work on you.
5. Begin with the end in mind. You always have to think about your future and where you are going. If we fail to plan we plan to fail. So many people go through life with no life plan and end up wasting their life because of that. I am 100 percent guilty of that because of lack of parental guidance when I was younger. It was just go with the flow and go to school to get and education so you can get a job etc. That resulted in planning to fail in life. Once we know what we want as the end results we have to FIGHT to attain it. Otherwise someone more hustle will take it from us.
Stay strong, stay happy, and CRUSH your goals. You have the power to do so much more than anyone on the planet has told you before.