Society and the marketplace are driven on “fatloss” everyone is looking for a quick fix, scam, or pill to take that will change it all. This drives trillions of dollars into the wellness industries of health, fitness, nutrition, pharma, and many more areas of “wellness.” While some of these are viable solutions to the problem of NOT CONTROLLING ones’ actions, many are not. Many offer false hope and that is why people get burned. Examples are below:
1. New exercise program to “shred fat.” – Been there done that and “it didn’t work”
2. New diet pill – Garcinia Cambogia – I have tried so many pills and they never work (people keep buying them based on hope)
3. New piece of exercise equipment – Just bought the newest way to burn fat and all I have to do is use it for 10 minutes a day and it will shred all 50 pounds of fat off my body (exaggeration? yes! does it happen? yes!)
4. Newest diet program – Paleo, vegan, vegetarian, etc. (getting off the diets will free you from lies)
5. Wearing excess clothes at the gym to burn more calories- (the body uses sweat to cool your body down. sweating does not mean there is more caloric burn. if you find research saying there is email me)
People go time and time again looking for the next best thing because many times if not every time they lose weight they stop doing what they did to lose it and think it did not work. THEY MUST WORK for the program, product, service, etc to work. If they don’t it wont.
1. Any and every “program” will shred body fat and help you perform better on multiple levels if done correctly.
2. Supplements are a love and hate relationship for many. For me it has always been a love relationship. However, for many years I was putting junk in my body. Now that I found the best stuff on the planet my health has sky-rocked. THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL. There are ways to supplement the American food culture to maximize performance and health for the better.
3. Equipment new or old it does not matter. There is no product out there that will change your life if you do not use it with consistency and persistence over time. When it comes to fitness, a barbell is a barbell and a squat machine is a squat machine. It does not matter if its 1 day old are 10 years old. If it works it work, but will you?
4. Diet is crucial and has much more impact on life than people give it credit. It is not about the paleo, south beach, jenny craig, or whatever other “diet” is out there. It is about making lifelong decisions to eat well and live well. Do that and you will never “diet” again.
5. Clothes – What you wear while working out is dependent on you. However, wearing more clothes or sweat suits to burn more calories etc is just not smart. The body uses sweat as a way to cool the system down. The earlier someone starts to sweat in a workout the better. It means their body is more adapted and in better “shape.” It has NOTHING to do with more caloric burn.