Avoid Victim Mentality
Good morning all! This is really about what happens in life and some ways that we can really capitalize on taking advantage of what we have.
Everyday thousands if not millions of people fall victim to life. That may be in the form of a job loss, medical emergency, death of a loved one, weight loss scam, lies at the gym, etc. The sad thing is that most people don’t pay attention to it enough to realize most of these things are preventable. My goal here is just to share with you 5 ways that I believe we can combat life’s hard hitting truths. Many of them you know but applying them is what will change your life, not knowing them.
1. Make a short list-
2. Take time for prayer-
3. Be physically active-
4. Take out negativity-
5. Remove pride-
1. Making a short list is simple. We could make a list for anything and everything in life and we could actually end up in a worse place than when we started if we do not know how to use the list. I would recommend limiting your TO DO’s to only 5. They must be your 5 most important things for the day. Complete them in order and if for some reason you are unable to accomplish a few, that is okay. Just move it over to the next day. We have to adapt to survive. This will help you become more intentional in your daily actions which will lead to massive benefits long term.
2. Prayer is HUGE in my life and should be in yours. God is real and relevant in everyone’s life whether you know Him or not. But here is the kicker, whether you believe in God or not you believe in something bigger than yourself. So take some quite time daily to pray to God, devote your focus on whatever it is you believe in, and harness the power within you through that spiritual being. This can change everything. On a side note, if you don’t know God or Jesus, that may be the very reason you are reading this in this moment. He is a life changer.
3. Being physically active is one of my favorite topics to talk about. This is because people are overweight, lethargic, dying, on drugs, and hating their life because of the way they live. It all comes back to lifestyle. If we eat crap we look like crap. If we don’t move we become a giant marsh mellow. Many jobs out there keep us sedentary and that lack of motion at work and at home can destroy everything out body represents. YOU MUST MOVE and fast. It could be zumba, running, swimming, lifting weights, etc. It could be anything the key is to get off your butt and move. It all depends on your preferences and how you look at your health and life. One thing I can promise you though is if you are willing to get moving EVERYTHING in your life will change.
4. Removing the negative is simple. Think about someone that wants to lose weight yet surrounds them self with overweight people that don’t care about their life. That could be said of a smoker who wants to smoke and lives in a house with 2 other smokers. That one person that wants to change their life is doing everything they can outside of the home to achieve whatever goal it is, but the second they step inside their home negativity engulfs them and detracts them from their goal. If we surround yourself with negative and pessimistic people we will become that. Read Rhinoceros Success and you will get that. Be positive and surround yourself with champions and nothing will stop you. It may take some time to adapt and really get it. It will be so worth it when you do get it though.
5. It’s good to be proud of where you have been and where you came from. However, it can consume you and destroy your life as well as the lives of those around you. When the Good Book was written there was a reason Pride was noted as one of the 7 deadly sins. Make sure you have an accountability partner to keep you in check.