People seem to think getting a personal trainer will get you results with your health. That can be true sometimes. However, YOU must know what you want or find someone who will help you unlock your forgotten dreams of better health and a better life. Having a “trainer” merely gives you one aspect of the wellness equation. This post comes from a personal experience at a local gym in Richmond, VA.
- Train you
- Educate you
- Become your shrink (Talk to much)
- Train you in the following areas: Activity/Exercise, Nutrition, Leadership, and Life.
- Expect and demand them to hold you accountable, IF you want results. (Accountability is the mortar that holds your program, journey, and life together. Without it you will waste millions of precious dollars and hours chasing something that will not come to fruition.)
- Know that they are in it to win it and add value to you and your life, not only their bank account.
- They MUST come from a consultant perspective to help you with your goals. They are the professional and will only help you achieve their goals if you allow them.
- They are willing to challenge you past your current ability whether you like it or not. This NEVER results in a “chat session” between client and educator. There is a time and place for education and activation.